Health, Safety & Environment
Great West Resources Ltd. believes that health, safety and the environment are of paramount importance and we are committed to conducting our business in a way that protects the health and safety of our employees, others involved in our operations, customers, the general public, and the environment. We are proud of our long standing safety track record, comprehensive HSE program, and Certificate of Recognition (COR), and as such we pledge the following.
Great West Resources will:
- Strive to prevent all incidents, injuries and occupational illnesses through the active participation of all employees and through continuous efforts to improve the management of health and safety risks associated with our operations.
- Ensure that health and safety risks associated with our operations are identified, assessed and managed.
- Ensure that recognized health and safety standards, company standards and legal requirements are met through the provision of adequate facilities, equipment, procedures, training and management systems.
- Respond quickly and effectively to health and safety incidents resulting from our operations, cooperating with industry organizations and authorized government agencies.
- Emphasize individual responsibility and accountability, and require everyone throughout the organization to adhere to health and safety standards, procedures and legal requirements on the job and encourage good health and safety practices off the job.
- Require all contractors and sub-contractors to be responsible and accountable for their safety performance.
- Work with industry associations, governments and others to foster timely development of appropriate laws and regulations based on sound science and the consideration of risks, costs and benefits.
- Undertake appropriate reviews, evaluations and performance measurements of our operations to ensure compliance with this health and safety policy.
Alcohol and Drug Policy
Great West Resources’ alcohol and drug policy is an important element of our company's commitment to safety. The nature of our business require us to make every reasonable effort to minimize the risks associated with our operations to protect employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
That commitment includes ensuring that employees in safety-sensitive positions are free from alcohol and drugs while at work. Safety-sensitive positions, which make up most of Great West Resources workforce, are generally those with limited supervision where impaired performance could lead to a catastrophic accident. Under Great West Resources’ policy, employees and contractors in safety-sensitive positions, as well as management, are subject to random testing for alcohol and drugs.
Great West Resources is committed to environmental protection and the broader integration of environmental and economic priorities.
Great West Resources will:
- Responsibly manage all aspects of our business to ensure that recognized environmental standards and legal requirements are met.
- Ensure that environmental hazards associated with company activities are identified, assessed and managed.
- Integrate environmental considerations in job planning, operating practices and training programs.
- Respond quickly and effectively to incidents resulting from our operations, cooperating with industry organizations and authorized government agencies.
- Work with industry associations, governments and others to determine environmental priorities and foster timely development of regulations based on sound science and the consideration of risks, costs and benefits.